Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy Valentine Day!

This it my Quiltie for my Febuary Fabric in Art Group
This is my first fabric postcard and my first time at free motion machine stitching. I have been wanting a new sewing machine and not having the cash on hand has allowed me to change my mind several times about which machine I must have. So last week I decided instead of spending $4,000 in the Brenina that I wanted I would invest $30 in my Kenmore and get a free motion foot. I was presently surprised to find out how easy it was and how nicely it worked. Last week I was home sick and discovered day time TV. I saw quilting show and they said to use a small amount of fabric glue to hold the fabric pieces in place. This worked great too.
Well today I am home from work because of blizzard so I am off to make some more postcards too bad I didn’t start earlier so send them this year.




5 comments:

Cathy said...

Okay - the dogs are just too dog gone cute! Love your free motion stitching. I have been using a fabric glue stick to hold things in place. I try not to use too much. If I am just stitching around the edge of something I try to avoid the edges and just use a little in the middle. It does a great job of holding things in place.

One Crabapple said...

oh I wish you were closer so I could come by and you could show me how to do this !!

Love the doggie postcards !


Happy Valentine's Day LAdy of the Lake.
Love to you, S.

Cat said...

This strip quilting is great! The colors and the dogs and the stitches - it all looks so unique and terrific!

Happy Valentines Day!

Kel said...

Cute stuff.
Hope you guys are enjoying the snow. It missed us here.

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Oh I agree! How cute are those!
I love the whole composition and color choices.
Donna